Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by ka...@plutoz.com on 2012/02/17 08:15:58 UTC

issue in nutch-default.xml

so I checked the source code. the value seems that should be in fact 7. current default value means 1.6 thousand millenniums .

<property>
  <name>crawl.gen.delay</name>
  <value>604800000</value>
  <description>
   This value, expressed in days, defines how long we should keep the lock on records
   in CrawlDb that were just selected for fetching. If these records are not updated
   in the meantime, the lock is canceled, i.e. the become eligible for selecting.
   Default value of this is 7 days.
  </description>
</property>

Re: issue in nutch-default.xml

Posted by kaveh minooie <ka...@plutoz.com>.
I know but the code expects to read the number of days:

genDelay = job.getLong(GENERATOR_DELAY, 7L) * 3600L * 24L * 1000L;

and as you can see the default value, as is mentioned in the
description, is 7 and it is in days not milliseconds;

--
Kaveh Minooie

www.plutoz.com

Re: issue in nutch-default.xml

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Committed @ revision 1245390 in trunk. I'll get nutchgora sorted out later
on as I'm doing some other stuff up there.

Thanks again.

Lewis

--
*Lewis*