Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2010/12/13 09:39:21 UTC

Please don't mix reformatting and code changes in commits

Hi,

Stefane's recents commits says "Expand tabs. fixes" - I haven't
checked but just wanted to mention that it's much better IMO to avoid
making *any* code changes when reformatting source code.

Mixing both makes it impossible to separate the code changes from reformatting.

Thanks,
-Bertrand

Re: Please don't mix reformatting and code changes in commits

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Stefane Fermigier <sf...@nuxeo.com> wrote:
> Agreed. The problem is that when working offline for 4 hours (trip back from Amsterdam), without a DCVS, it's not possible to attain the right level of granularity.

No worries, I understand...just wanted to make sure we agree in the
general case.

Posted by Stefane Fermigier <sf...@nuxeo.com>.
Agreed. The problem is that when working offline for 4 hours (trip back from Amsterdam), without a DCVS, it's not possible to attain the right level of granularity.

  S.

On Dec 13, 2010, at 9:39 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Stefane's recents commits says "Expand tabs. fixes" - I haven't
> checked but just wanted to mention that it's much better IMO to avoid
> making *any* code changes when reformatting source code.
>
> Mixing both makes it impossible to separate the code changes from reformatting.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bertrand

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."