Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/10/26 20:51:14 UTC

Lenya demo install

Hi devs and users,

I updated our demo server to latest and greatest Lenya 1.2.x aka 1.2.1
at
http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8888/ .

Testing is very appreciated. Unfortunately the Kupu 1.1.x integration is
still under construction, so watch out. I will fix the Kupu stuff
tomorrow, sorry.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Lenya demo install

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

[...]

> Sorry, I was fooled by something or cannot find that page anymore. Look
> good now, but the are some Java-script bugs poping up when I klick the
> "Site" tab (debugger stays at line 191 in function drawFolder something
> about insertAtObj.insertAdjecentHTML(...) ). Same for all tabs in the
> "Site" page itself. No tree view apears at the left border (probably
> because of that). "Edit->Metadata" barfs as well, same error.
>
> Isn't OSX's Safari based on Konqueror? Any OSX users around?

The site view works with Safari (1.2.3).

-- Andreas

Re: Lenya demo install

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>> Is this a Window only demo? Didn't get any Mozilla browser working. It
>> crashes as soon as you klick a menu in the authoring part. Seem it
>> doesn't like the java scripts. It does work on Monzilla/Firefox for
>> Windows.
>
> what versions did you test? ancient mozilla versions had a problem.

Firefox 0.9.3 and 1.0-pre-r2
Mozilla 1.7.3

Not that ancient, arn't they ;-)

> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/FAQ#head-025a71667c3cf6dea7f6cabc0faaabdfb7a886dc

Yes, I saw this, but these are ancient version.

>> Konqueror works more or less but look kinda ugly.

Konqueror version 3.3.1 (the newest you can get I think)

Sorry, I was fooled by something or cannot find that page anymore. Look
good now, but the are some Java-script bugs poping up when I klick the
"Site" tab (debugger stays at line 191 in function drawFolder something
about insertAtObj.insertAdjecentHTML(...) ). Same for all tabs in the
"Site" page itself. No tree view apears at the left border (probably
because of that). "Edit->Metadata" barfs as well, same error.

Isn't OSX's Safari based on Konqueror? Any OSX users around?

--
Giacomo Pati Otego                    AG, Switzerland -
http://www.otego.com Orixo, the XML business alliance -

Re: Lenya demo install

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Is this a Window only demo? Didn't get any Mozilla browser working. It
> crashes as soon as you klick a menu in the authoring part. Seem it
> doesn't like the java scripts. It does work on Monzilla/Firefox for
> Windows.

what versions did you test? ancient mozilla versions had a problem.

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/FAQ#head-025a71667c3cf6dea7f6cabc0faaabdfb7a886dc

> Konqueror works more or less but look kinda ugly.

can you send a screenshot?

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                          http://lenya.apache.org

Re: Lenya demo install

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:

> Giacomo Pati escribió:
>>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>
>>> Testing is very appreciated. Unfortunately the Kupu 1.1.x integration
>>> is
>>> still under construction, so watch out. I will fix the Kupu stuff
>>> tomorrow, sorry.
>>

>> Is this a Window only demo?
>
> Do use Debian?

No, Gentoo.

> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/FAQ#head-025a71667c3cf6dea7f6cabc0faaabdfb7a886dc

I've seen that but it refers to old versions of Mozilla/Firefox.

Ok, wait a minute...

I've installed a binary firefox 1.0.0-pre from the mozilla site and that
seems to work. Thanks.

--
Giacomo Pati

Re: Lenya demo install

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati escribió:

> Hi guys
>
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
>> Testing is very appreciated. Unfortunately the Kupu 1.1.x integration is
>> still under construction, so watch out. I will fix the Kupu stuff
>> tomorrow, sorry.
>

> Is this a Window only demo?

Do use Debian?

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/FAQ#head-025a71667c3cf6dea7f6cabc0faaabdfb7a886dc

HTH
thorsten

Re: Lenya demo install

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Hi guys

Re: Lenya demo install

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 03:32, daniel Griffith wrote:
>  --- "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> wrote:
> > 4 bugs left :) barring major surprises, as early as
> > this weekend.
>
> Wonderful:)
>
> Really looking forward to using the newer Kupu...

The demo install does yet contain all Kupu features. I have to switch
back to Kupu-trunk, since my stuff is not working in Kupu 1.1 branch.

Will do it tonight.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Lenya demo install

Posted by daniel Griffith <me...@yahoo.com>.
 --- "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> wrote:
> 4 bugs left :) barring major surprises, as early as
> this weekend.

Wonderful:)

Really looking forward to using the newer Kupu...

I've been trying to make sense of a website designed
with DreamWeaver  - like 3000 recursive tables:( With
just a fews weeks of cocoon under my belt it has been
a challenge to get things like custom menu's working,
but I have kinda got there in the end.

Fingers crossed it should be the first of many Lenya
websites we do - up next I want to get a legacy
website into Lenya, currently it is in a disgustingly
expense CSM, pretty soon we have to pay up for another
year - looking forward to telling their saleman we
have gone open source:)

Muhaha
daniel

Re: Lenya demo install