Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/07/18 04:03:11 UTC

Storage tag for ROOT volume

Dear all,

In CloudStack, I can create disk offering (under service offering) with a
specific tag to force creation of DATADISK volume to use primary storage
with that specific tag (e.g. "rbd").

Hoe can I do to do the same for the ROOT volume?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers

Re: Storage tag for ROOT volume

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Dear all,

Managed to find the option. I need to create a new compute offering (also
under service offerings) and put the storage tags with the tag we want
(e.g. "rbd"). This causes the ROOT disk of the VM to also use the primary
storage that we want (e.g. the Ceph RBD storage disk).

Thank you.