Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Mark Muday <mm...@imanage.com> on 2001/12/01 00:46:46 UTC

XSLTC compilation problems

I'm having problems compiling a style sheet which uses extensions:

I get the error message "ERROR: Cannot convert argument/return type in call
to method 'com.imanage.workteam.xslt.xalan.XalanUtil.selectNodes(reference,
string);'  "

Here is the declaration of the extension function:
  public static NodeList
selectNodes(org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExpressionContext context, NodeList
nodeList, String pattern)

Here is an example of how it's used in the template:

 <xsl:template match="for-each">
  <xsl:param name="context"/>

  <xsl:variable name="this" select="current()"/>
  <xsl:variable name="nodeList" select="util:selectNodes($context,
string(@select))"/>
  <xsl:for-each select="$nodeList">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="$this/*">
    <xsl:with-param name="context" select="current()"/>
   </xsl:apply-templates>
  </xsl:for-each>
 </xsl:template>

The transform works correctly in normal (i.e., uncompiled) use.

What am I doing wrong???

Cheers,
-Mark

=======