Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/04 11:17:36 UTC

Re: Doc reorg

On 2/22/07, Terry Cox <te...@meta-concepts.com> wrote:
> > Any ideas on how to do that ?
>
> You need more than one way to get to information as people will use
> different strategies to find out about a new technology. I personally
> like to know at a glance the scope of a project, so I preferred the
> original approach (and the one taken on the ActiveMQ site) of having
> lots of left menu items for each topic, component or significant point.

Yeah, we need to add some back.
Do you have any suggestions ?

> The documentation is probably weakest on practical examples, judging by
> the sort of support queries coming in. There should be explicit
> tutorials for binding to a foreign web service, exposing a web service,
> wrapping a POJO, creating JBI components, packaging and deploying using
> su/sa, applying security.

Agreed, there are some tutorials in the way, but we need more of course.
The examples from the distribution may be used too, but not all are really
documented.

> We also need to do a better job of keeping these up to date and making
> it clear which documentation refers to which release.

Yeah, if you see some unclear areas, just send a mail so that we can fix them.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet