Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by joesan <co...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/23 15:12:35 UTC

ActiveMQ Authentication

I'm using the simple authentication plugin and have encrypted my passwords
using the encrypt utility. The following problems I face when I start my
activemq:

ERROR | Failed to load: class path resource [activemq.xml], reason: Invalid
bean definition with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0'
defined in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Co
uld not resolve placeholder 'admin.password'
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean
definition with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0'
defined in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Could
not resolve placeholder 'admin.password'
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:287)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyResourceConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertyResourceConfigurer.java:75)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:663)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:638)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:407)
        at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:64)
        at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:52)
        at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1.<init>(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:108)
        at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createApplicationContext(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:108)
        at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:72)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:71)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:54)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:115)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:74)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:148)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:90)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:257)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:111)
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean
definition with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XB
eanBrokerService#0' defined in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Could not
resolve placeholder 'admin.password'
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean
definition with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrok
erService#0' defined in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Could not
resolve placeholder 'admin.password'
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:98)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:148)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:90)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:257)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:111)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
[...]
        ... 10 more
ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean
definition with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0'
defined in class path res
ource [activemq.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'admin.password'
java.lang.Exception:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean
definition with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService#0'
defined in class path resource [
activemq.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'admin.password'
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:99)
[...]

Why could it not resolve the placeholder??

Re: ActiveMQ Authentication

Posted by joesan <co...@gmail.com>.
I had a look at the ActiveMQ in Action examples and that uses the
activemq-security.xml to start the ActiveMQ. But I guess that should not
matter.

I will check for those braces and see if that works!

Re: ActiveMQ Authentication

Posted by joesan <co...@gmail.com>.
My publisher is trying to connect to the service with his credentials.

 User publish is not authorized to create:
topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection

I modified the entry as below. But still it woudn't allow??

*					<authorizationMap>
						<authorizationEntries>
							<authorizationEntry queue=">"
read="admins,publishers"    write="admins,publishers" admin="admins" />
							<authorizationEntry topic=">"
read="admins,publishers"    write="admins,publishers" admin="admins" />
							<authorizationEntry queue="MYQUEUE.CLUSTERQUEUE>" read="consumers"
write="publishers"        admin="publishers" />
							<authorizationEntry topic="MYTOPIC.CLUSTERTOPIC>" read="consumers"
write="publishers"        admin="publishers" />
						</authorizationEntries>
					</authorizationMap>*

Re: ActiveMQ Authentication

Posted by joesan <co...@gmail.com>.
Great! That worked. Thanks!

Re: ActiveMQ Authentication

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
You need to set ACTIVEMQ_ENCRYPTION_PASSWORD environment var. See the
instructions at

http://activemq.apache.org/encrypted-passwords.html

Something like

export ACTIVEMQ_ENCRYPTION_PASSWORD=activemq

should do

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
Senior Software Engineer | FuseSource Corp.

Posted by joesan <co...@gmail.com>.
I will try that and let know the results here.

Re: ActiveMQ Authentication

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
I would try commenting out the original PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer, they
might be clashing and from what I understand you can put all the
non-encrypted values you want in your credentials-enc.properties file,
they'll work just fine.  The example I found seems to have a few more
parameters for the EncryptablePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer (but I haven't
tried it myself).  http://activemq.apache.org/encrypted-passwords.html
  (*Chris*)

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
This )) at the end of admin.password property look suspicious to me.
I'd start testing with values that comes with the distro and check if
the properties are OK.

Regards

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Can you share your config?

"Could not resolve placeholder" is a Spring exception meaning that
you're using ${admin.password} somewhere in the file which is not
defined anywhere.

Regards