Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> on 2008/02/16 14:21:16 UTC

[configuration] Digester failures without Commons Collections

Hi,

I noticed that several tests fail on the 2.x branch since the removal of
the commons collections dependency. We now have digester 1.8 and
beanutils 1.7 which should work fine without commons collections, but I
keep getting a NoSuchMethodError on running the tests with maven 2 :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.collections.ArrayStack:
method <init>(I)V not found
	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.<init>(Digester.java:155)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:163)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.TestSubsetConfiguration.testNested(TestSubsetConfiguration.java:205)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.TestSubsetConfiguration.testNested(TestSubsetConfiguration.java:205)

Any idea why this is happening ?

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [configuration] Digester failures without Commons Collections

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Emmanuel Bourg schrieb:
> Emmanuel Bourg a écrit :
>
>> I haven't seen this error, could this be a conflict with your JDK and
>> a Xerces lib somewhere in your classpath ?
>
> Actually I reproduced the same error by switching to JDK 1.6, it works
> fine with JDK 1.5.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Yes, I can confirm this. The errors occur on a JDK 1.6, while switching
back to 1.5 helps.

That's not good...

Oliver

Re: [configuration] Digester failures without Commons Collections

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Emmanuel Bourg schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that several tests fail on the 2.x branch since the removal of
> the commons collections dependency. We now have digester 1.8 and
> beanutils 1.7 which should work fine without commons collections, but I
> keep getting a NoSuchMethodError on running the tests with maven 2 :
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.collections.ArrayStack:
> method <init>(I)V not found
>     at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.<init>(Digester.java:155)
>     at
> org.apache.commons.configuration2.ConfigurationFactory.getConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:163)
>
>     at
> org.apache.commons.configuration2.TestSubsetConfiguration.testNested(TestSubsetConfiguration.java:205)
>
>     at
> org.apache.commons.configuration2.TestSubsetConfiguration.testNested(TestSubsetConfiguration.java:205)
>

> Any idea why this is happening ?
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Currently I get 39 test errors. I also get exceptions of the following type:

testParentReloadNotSupported(org.apache.commons.configuration2.TestSubnodeConfiguration)
  Time elapsed: 0.016 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.getXmlStandalone()Z
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.setDocumentInfo(DOM2TO.java:373)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:127)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.DOM2TO.parse(DOM2TO.java:94)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transformIdentity(TransformerImpl.java:663)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:709)
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:313)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.XMLConfiguration.save(XMLConfiguration.java:707)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration$FileConfigurationDelegate.save(AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.java:449)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:545)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:512)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:490)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:402)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.AbstractFileConfiguration.save(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:380)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.save(AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.java:195)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.TestSubnodeConfiguration.setUpReloadTest(TestSubnodeConfiguration.java:426)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.TestSubnodeConfiguration.testParentReloadNotSupported(TestSubnodeConfiguration.java:351)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.TestSubnodeConfiguration.testParentReloadNotSupported(TestSubnodeConfiguration.java:351)
	at
	at
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor9.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(JUnitTestSet.java:213)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:290)
	at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:818)

Oliver