Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Zuhair Khayyat <zu...@kaust.edu.sa> on 2012/05/23 12:55:39 UTC

Does Giraph supports multi threaded MapJobs

Dear Giraph Community,

Since Giraph is a single Mapper job; does it support multi threaded Map
Jobs handlers? In other words, can a Giraph worker be a multi threaded
worker? If I am implementing my own aggregator, do I have to consider
thread safe operations?

Thank you,
Zuhair Khayyat

Re: Does Giraph supports multi threaded MapJobs

Posted by André Kelpe <ef...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Zuhair,

giraph will spawn multiple mappers depending on how many you
configure. If you look into the ShortestPathExample
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GIRAPH/Shortest+Paths+Example),
you will see this piece of code, which controls the number of workers:

job.setWorkerConfiguration(Integer.parseInt(argArray[3]),
                               Integer.parseInt(argArray[3]),
                               100.0f);

It is also quite useful to read through the constants in the GiraphJob class.

HTH

-André