Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Chu, Larry (Factiva)" <La...@factiva.com> on 2002/08/12 20:19:36 UTC

[HttpClient] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError with GetMethod when downl oading large files

Hello all,

My name is Larry Chu, I am a developer working for a company called Factiva.
We are using the apache jakarta commons http client Release 2.0 Alpha 1. I
am trying to download very large files exceeding 600MB, and I have the heap
size set to near the maximum at -Xmx1800m. I haven't delved too deeply into
the code, but i think that the http client will buffer the entire file's
content in memory. I'd like to know if this issue was fixed in CVS and if
so, where can i get a stable version of the httpclient?

many thanks,
Larry Chu