Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tobias Barth <to...@web-arts.de> on 2007/08/27 00:04:14 UTC

Missing hint in Migration guide

Hi,

This weekend, I migrated two webapps from Tomcat 5.0 to Tomcat 6.0. I
fought some longer time with the context configuration - I think it
would be nice to include a hint into the migration documentation that
the resource parameters are now attributes of the "<Resource>" tag and
that the "<ResourceParams>" section is obsolete.

Greetings,

Tobias Barth

RE: Missing hint in Migration guide

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Tobias Barth [mailto:tobias.barth@web-arts.de]
> Subject: Missing hint in Migration guide
>
> This weekend, I migrated two webapps from Tomcat 5.0 to Tomcat 6.0. I
> fought some longer time with the context configuration - I think it
> would be nice to include a hint into the migration documentation that
> the resource parameters are now attributes of the "<Resource>" tag and

> that the "<ResourceParams>" section is obsolete.

Actually, that was a change between 5.0 and 5.5, and the migration guide
was first published with 6.0, so it covers only 5.5 -> 6.0 at the
moment.  Regardless, your point is still valid.  If only doc writing was
as much fun as generating code...

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.