Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by blacksensei <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/04 14:33:00 UTC

Building Single Sign On server and client both using shiro

Hello I have been looking at shiro capabilities and I am pretty convinced
that I could build a centralized authentication system with it. But the
thing is I don't have much experience on CAS so don't have the proper
mindset nor any good documentation showing how to do it with shiro.

I have been using shiro on couple of web applications and I thought all
these applications(clients sso apps A and B) really should have a unique
login system. So I thought I would build a central doing authentication only
and redirect the control those clients. So mister a goes to aapp.com and
aapp.com redirect to sso.com for authentication then upon success sso.com
redirect to aapp.com for authorization to start with aapp.com. so if mister
a goes to bapp.com he should be logged in automatically.

Can anyone guide me through the process of achieving that?  I use shiro with
spring most of the time so I was trying to put up my security application
context on  pastie.org <http://pastie.org/8454373>   .  I know on the client
side (aapp.com and bapp.com) I should be looking at CasFilter and CAS realm

But I really can't get how all can be orchestrated nicely

thanks for reading this

Re: Building Single Sign On server and client both using shiro

Posted by jleleu <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think I understand your goal.

I am a CAS committer so I will pretend to know well SSO issues and
mechanisms.

I'll be frank : I would not create a SSO. And the problem is not Shiro which
is a great library, the problem is that it's very very complicated.

Best regards,
Jérôme

Re: Building Single Sign On server and client both using shiro

Posted by blacksensei <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jerome,

Thanks for the fast response. I think the page you are referencing makes me
think that you assume that I want to authenticate just with the shiro
client. But what I am really keen on, is rather having a SSO built on shiro
and have the shiro client send their authentication request to it.

I don't know if I am a bit clearer.

Thanks

Re: Building Single Sign On server and client both using shiro

Posted by jleleu <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think the best place to start is the documentation:
http://shiro.apache.org/cas.html.
It gives you a brief overview of the CAS protocol and explanations about how
to configure a Shiro app with CAS.
Best regards,
Jérôme