Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Janson <m...@taptera.com> on 2011/09/29 23:08:21 UTC

Tomcat plugin: Logging

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've searched far/wide and
have been unable to find any information to help me solve my problem.

Basically, no matter what I try I am unable to affect default tomcat
logging when executing my webapp via the "tomcat:run" target.  I have
tried adding logging.properties according to these instructions:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html

With a JDK logging.properties in either the webapp classloader or
target/tomcat/conf/

No logfiles are being generated anywhere, and I cannot get anything
finer than INFO to log to the console.

Is there some additional step necessary when executing tomcat this way
via the plugin?  I'm hoping to get visibility to my fine/debug
messages which I need to help me inspect execution of my app!

Thanks in advance,

-Mike

Re: Tomcat plugin: Logging

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
This Apache Maven plugin is now hosted @asf in the Apache Tomcat land.
See: http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin.html .
Can you record a jira entry ?

2011/9/29 Mike Janson <m...@taptera.com>:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry if this has been asked before but I've searched far/wide and
> have been unable to find any information to help me solve my problem.
>
> Basically, no matter what I try I am unable to affect default tomcat
> logging when executing my webapp via the "tomcat:run" target.  I have
> tried adding logging.properties according to these instructions:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html
>
> With a JDK logging.properties in either the webapp classloader or
> target/tomcat/conf/
>
> No logfiles are being generated anywhere, and I cannot get anything
> finer than INFO to log to the console.
>
> Is there some additional step necessary when executing tomcat this way
> via the plugin?  I'm hoping to get visibility to my fine/debug
> messages which I need to help me inspect execution of my app!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Mike

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com