Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu> on 2015/02/10 01:00:13 UTC

Re: spark-ec2 licensing clarification

+spark dev list

Yes, we should add an Apache license to it -- Feel free to open a PR for
it. BTW though it is a part of the mesos github account, it is almost
exclusively used by the Spark Project AFAIK.

Longer term it may make sense to move it to a more appropriate github
account (we could move it to amplab/ for instance as the AMPLab provides
Jenkins support etc. too)

Thanks
Shivaram

Posted by Florian Verhein <fl...@arkig.com>.
Thanks Shivaram.

Yeah that would be great. The location seems to cause confusion.

re: PR, I'm not comfortable doing this - I assume that the commits are from
Spark contributors who would be happy for their contribution to be licensed
under Apache 2.0, but this is an assumption. So while it's a simple PR, I
think it would be better for someone more involved with the community to
organise/check this.

Cheers,
    Florian