Posted to users@maven.apache.org by tarjei <ta...@nu.no> on 2008/02/24 14:43:53 UTC

Setting up relative testpaths

Re: Setting up relative testpaths

Posted by tarjei <ta...@nu.no>.

Re: Setting up relative testpaths

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.
On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 14:43 +0100, tarjei wrote:

> Hi, I got a test that needs to read a file in src/test/resources. How
> should I write the test to get the information about the relative path
> to that file, either using TestNG or just plain Junit?

It's best to avoid files at all. Where possible, I suggest using
   Class.getResourceAsStream(...)
to access the data you want. The stuff in src/test/resources is on the
classpath.

If you really need a File object, then try
   URL url = Class.getResource(...);
   File f = url.tgetFile()

Regards,
Simon

Re: Setting up relative testpaths

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.
On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 16:09 +0100, Jan Torben Heuer wrote:
> tarjei wrote:
>
> > Hi, I got a test that needs to read a file in src/test/resources. How
> > should I write the test to get the information about the relative path
> > to that file, either using TestNG or just plain Junit?
>
> I got unpredictable results when using test-resources and maven: eclipse
> (junit plugin) and mvn test both ran successfully the test but mvn install
> or mvn tomcat:deploy failed.
>
> Avoid test-resources if possible.

Well, I use it extensively in half-a-dozen different projects and have
no such problems...

Regards, Simon

Re: Setting up relative testpaths

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org>.
tarjei wrote:

> Hi, I got a test that needs to read a file in src/test/resources. How
> should I write the test to get the information about the relative path
> to that file, either using TestNG or just plain Junit?

I got unpredictable results when using test-resources and maven: eclipse
(junit plugin) and mvn test both ran successfully the test but mvn install
or mvn tomcat:deploy failed.

Avoid test-resources if possible.

Jan