Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/10 14:21:37 UTC

GitHub navigation - create httpcomponents container repo?

The HC project has lots of independent Git repos.
It's not particularly easy to find them all.

e.g. a search for 'Apache HttpComponents' returns 55 matches.

The first few entries are apache repos, but the httpcomponents-website
is located after several non-ASF ones. There are another 5 pages which
might contain HC repos (I don't think they do, but I've not checked)

May be worth adding an extra top-level repo with the name
'httpcomponents' which can provide links to them all?

The individual ones could then link back to the top-level, so finding
one will give access to all.

WDYT?

S.

Re: GitHub navigation - create httpcomponents container repo?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
What about better docs front and center on the site? Another repo seems
confusing if all it is is links. It does not help that ALL Apache projects
are all under one roof on GitHub.

Gary

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2019-03-10 um 15:21 schrieb sebb:
> The HC project has lots of independent Git repos.
> It's not particularly easy to find them all.
>
> e.g. a search for 'Apache HttpComponents' returns 55 matches.
>
> The first few entries are apache repos, but the httpcomponents-website
> is located after several non-ASF ones. There are another 5 pages which
> might contain HC repos (I don't think they do, but I've not checked)
>
> May be worth adding an extra top-level repo with the name
> 'httpcomponents' which can provide links to them all?
>
> The individual ones could then link back to the top-level, so finding
> one will give access to all.

This likely will hold true for a lot of ASF TLPs like Commons, Maven,
Velocity, etc.

Though, you can easily apply for another project on GitBox, etc. I am
not really fond of maintaining another repo..

Michael