Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "David Bainbridge (dbainbri)" <db...@cisco.com> on 2005/10/04 22:05:30 UTC

[axis2] data binding, xmlBeans, and M2 v 0.9x

I am attempting to use Axis2 with some fairly complex (large, lots of
includes/imports, etc) schema and working through a few problems. While
working through these issues I tend to iterate over the different
versions of Axis (0.9 to M2) to understand if I am seeing consistent
behavior (particularly for M2) and to see if different versions shed
more light on a given problem.

One difference between the 0.9 and M2 versions I have noticed is in the
generation of stub/skeletons when using WSDL2Java. With M2 the data
bindings don't seem to be generated automatically for you while in 0.9x
they seem to be and I was hoping someone would have some insight into
this issue. In particular an answer to the question if the direction of
Axis2 is not to auto generate the data binding stubs, but instead allow
the developer to use XmlBeans to generate the data bindings and then use
those behind the default skeletons? This seems like a logical direction,
but I was curious if it was an official direction.

cheers