Posted to community@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 11:21:53 UTC

Theme-based tracks at ACUS

Hi,

The upcoming ApacheCon US is looking for projects to self-organize
parts of the conference. There are may projects that may have a too
narrow scope or target audience to justify a full track, but perhaps
we could find ways to coordinate cross-project cooperation for this.

For example, I would personally be interested in seeing coordinated
tracks on themes like these:

* (Web) content management (Wicket, Velocity, Lenya, Sling, etc.)
* Databases and storage (Derby, CouchDB, Jackrabbit, HBase, OpenJPA, etc.)
* XML technology (Xerces, Cocoon, XML Graphics, etc.)
* Build tools (Maven, Ant, Ivy, Continuum, Gump, etc.)

The boundaries of such themes are obviously quite fuzzy and some
projects above may well already be planning their own track. Instead
of tightly scoping things I'm rather looking for potential synergies
between projects that we could leverage for the ApacheCon.

Also, it would be interesting to hear what tracks are already being
planned. Perhaps there would be room for smaller related projects to
join such efforts. For example, I know that there are initial plans at
least for a search technology (centered on Lucene) track and an
interoperability track. What else?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Theme-based tracks at ACUS

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The upcoming ApacheCon US is looking for projects to self-organize
> parts of the conference. There are may projects that may have a too
> narrow scope or target audience to justify a full track, but perhaps
> we could find ways to coordinate cross-project cooperation for this.

I'm currently putting together a plan for a track related to content
management and web publishing [1] [2].

Let's see whether and how such a cross-project track would work in practice.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ContentTrackApacheConUs2009
[2] http://jukkaz.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/content-technology-at-the-apachecon-us-2009/

BR,

Jukka Zitting