Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Kotabagi, Karan" <kk...@iu.edu> on 2018/05/13 01:36:57 UTC

GSoC 2018 - Integration of the Nextcloud with Apache Airavata

Hi All,

I am working with the following as the part of the Google Summer of Code 2018 project to integrate the Nextcloud with the Apache Airavata.

I am starting to  work with the Seagrid rich client Java Fx application to replace the airavata file manager with the Nextcloud.

I followed the build steps in the readme file of the github repo

https://github.com/SciGaP/seagrid-rich-client

First, I was able to run the script as in the jamberoo-libs directory and  execute "mvn_install_libs.sh"

Next, I am able to build the project successfully with the command "mvn -P update-deployment clean package"

I was able to build a native installer with the command  "mvn -P update-deployment install" and run the
app at the path "seagrid-rich-client/target/installer/fxlauncher.jar", I believe this is the right jar file to start the application.

I was able to start the application as attached in the screenshot "desktop_client.png".

Although, I am not able to login to the application with the CLI login, my next task would be to figure
out on how to login to the application and test the sample upload of the files.

Do the client applications have the separate authentication system? Would I have to request the
separate access for the separate clients? If yes then where can I request the access for this Seagrid javaFx
desktop application?

Regards
Karan

Re: GSoC 2018 - Integration of the Nextcloud with Apache Airavata

Posted by "Kotabagi, Karan" <kk...@iu.edu>.
Hi Supun,

Thanks for the information.

Regards