Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nick Zisk <zi...@pinetech.edu> on 2005/07/12 12:37:49 UTC

SuSe 9.0 ent package install help.

The packages for subversion dont seem to work on suse 9.0 ent server,
Libapar_0 package dependency fails but that package is installed....???

There is no trouble shooting guide anywhere huh?

Re: SuSe 9.0 ent package install help.

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.
I have Subversion running on SLES 9 without any issues.  I installed
from source, so am not sure of any RPM packages that may or may not have
worked.

Are you installing from source, or from RPM?
Also - which version of Subversion are you installing?  SLES9 installs
Apache 2.0.49 with that corresponding version of libapr0.  Subversion
1.2 requires Apache 2.0.54.  I removed the default HTTP Server and
installed Apache separately (also from source).  Then when I built
Subversion, I pointed it at the APR installed with the newer Apache
version.

I'm not a big RPM person if I can help it.  I like to have a little more
control over some of my 'special' applications like web, ftp, bugzilla,
etc.  Running from source, I had no problems getting everything
running.  I can try to put my installation notes together for you if you
can't get it to work.

Regards,
Frank