Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Dalton, Michael D" <Mi...@nasa.gov> on 2005/01/03 15:52:38 UTC

Allowing user control of screen width ? w/JS 1

We are using Jetspeed 1.4.

Is there any way to allow the user to control the default screen width
(e.g., 100% or 750 pixels)?  Our portal default is for the narrow 750
pixel look, however, there are times where full screen (100% width) is
desirable.  Can I provide a link to allow the user to switch between
narrow and widescreen?  (ie., I'd like to be able to "set" the
defaultportletcontrol.width in real-time.)

I see that the default settings for width are in the
JetspeedResources.properties file:
#Default: 100%
defaultportletcontrol.width=750

#Default: 100%
defaultportletcontroller.width=750

AND, I notice that JetspeedResources.class is the only file that
references these parameters.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Michael Dalton