Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2016/12/11 04:11:05 UTC

Assigning Jira tickets to new contributors

Does anyone know what needs to be done to enable assigning a Jira ticket to
a new contributor? Alyssa Kim filed GEODE-2203 and would like to have the
ticket assigned to her but Jira shows either "No Matches" or "User 'Alyssa
Kim' does not exist." -- her user id on the Apache Jira is dalyssakim.

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: Assigning Jira tickets to new contributors

Posted by Kai Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks William :)

Best,
Kai.

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks William :)
I am able to assign JIRA on my apache id.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 8:29 AM, William Markito Oliveira <
william.markito@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great! So assigning people to the "contributors" role is good enough for
> this, glad it worked!
>
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks William!
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM William Markito Oliveira <
> > william.markito@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I've just add all 3 (vectorijk, deepakddixit, dalyssakim) as
> > "contributors"
> > >
> > > to the Geode JIRA project, but in the past we had problems with people
> > not
> > >
> > > being able to "self-assign" JIRAs if they're not in the "committers"
> > group.
> > >

> > > The workaround was to include them into the committers group on JIRA,
> > which
> > >
> > > don't necessary give them commit privilege on the codebase, just on
> JIRA.
> > >
> > > Alternatively now that we graduated we could try fixing the role
> > >
> > > "contributor" of JIRA to at least allow people to assign JIRAs to
> > >
> > > themselves.
> > >

> > > Please give it a try now and see if you can assign the tickets to you,
> > >
> > > otherwise let us know.   Thanks!

> > few

> > GEODE-224

> issue

> > > requests.

> > > deepakdixit2011@gmail.com>

> > > added

> them

> > below)

> > GEODE-734.

> > > ticket

> have
> > > the

> > dalyssakim.

> > > --
> > >
> > > ~/William

Deepak D Dixit
deepakdixit2011@gmail.com
+919028507537

Re: Assigning Jira tickets to new contributors

Posted by William Markito Oliveira <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Thanks William!

Posted by Alyssa Kim <mi...@gmail.com>.
Now, I am able to assign tickets to myself.
Thank you very much for the help :) !!

Best Regards

Posted by William Markito Oliveira <wi...@gmail.com>.

--
~/William

Re: Assigning Jira tickets to new contributors

Posted by Kai Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kirk,