Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by George Cristian Bina <ge...@sync.ro> on 2002/06/12 13:10:53 UTC

Xerces compiled with JDK 1.4 - run with JDK 1.3

Hi

I compiled Xerces at some moment with JDK 1.4. If I use the compiled jars with JDK 1.3 then I get a NoSuchMethodError in IndentPrinter when I try to serialize a document. Finnaly I figured out the problem... In JDK 1.4 there is a new append method in StringBuffer that takes a StringBuffer as parameter. One way to avoid this type of problems will be to add source="1.3" for instance to javac element in the build.xml script.

Regards,
 George
George Cristian Bina mailto:george@sync.ro
COO - sync.ro
Phone  +40-51-461480(1)
Fax       +40-51-461482
Mobile +40-93-224067
SyncRO Soft srl, Bd N. Titulescu 170, Craiova, 1100 - Romania
http://www.sync.ro
<oXygen/> - http://oxygen.sync.ro/

Re: Xerces compiled with JDK 1.4 - run with JDK 1.3

Posted by George Cristian Bina <ge...@sync.ro>.
It seems that source is not supported if ant is used with JDK 1.3, so this is not really a solution..

Regards,
 George