Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> on 2017/03/01 22:05:57 UTC

Welcome Kevin Klues as a Mesos Committer and PMC member!

Hi all,

Please welcome Kevin Klues as the newest committer and PMC member of the
Apache Mesos project.

Kevin has been an active contributor in the project for over a year, and in
this time he made a number of contributions to the project: Nvidia GPU
support [1], the containerization side of POD support (new container init
process), and support for "attach" and "exec" of commands within running
containers [2].

Also, Kevin took on an effort with Haris Choudhary to revive the CLI [3]
via a better structured python implementation (to be more accessible to
contributors) and a more extensible architecture to better support adding
new or custom subcommands. The work also adds a unit test framework for the
CLI functionality (we had no tests previously!). I think it's great that
Kevin took on this much needed improvement with Haris, and I'm very much
looking forward to seeing this land in the project.

Here is his committer eligibility document for perusal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mlO1yyLCoCSd85XeDKIxTYyboK_uiOJ4Uwr6ruKTlFM/edit

Thanks!
Ben

[1] http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/gpu-support/
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAVr0sSSpbDLrgUlAEB5hKzCl482NSVk8V0D56sFMzU
[3]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r6Iv4Efu8v8IBrcUTjgYkvZ32WVscgYqrD07OyIglsA/

Re: Welcome Kevin Klues as a Mesos Committer and PMC member!

Posted by Yan Xu <ya...@jxu.me>.
Congrats Kevin!

---
Jiang Yan Xu <ya...@jxu.me> | @xujyan <https://twitter.com/xujyan>

Posted by Qian Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Thanks,
Qian Zhang

Posted by Qian Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Greg Mann <gr...@mesosphere.io>.
Woowoo! Congrats Kevin!!

Posted by Greg Mann <gr...@mesosphere.io>.
Woowoo! Congrats Kevin!!

Posted by Avinash Sridharan <av...@mesosphere.io>.
Awesome !! Congrats Kevin !!

Posted by Avinash Sridharan <av...@mesosphere.io>.
Awesome !! Congrats Kevin !!

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Kevin!

Tim

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Kevin!

Posted by Neil Conway <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

--
Deshi Xiao
Twitter: xds2000

Re: Welcome Kevin Klues as a Mesos Committer and PMC member!

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

RE: Welcome Kevin Klues as a Mesos Committer and PMC member!

Posted by Abhishek Dasgupta <a1...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>.
Hi Kevin,

Posted by Jay Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Kevin! Well deserved!