Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by deepak venugopal <de...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/24 14:04:00 UTC

How to Write XSP Code - equivalent to Java Soap Clients

Hello friends,
My company has started developing soap clients based
on XSP and submitting the request to Apache Soap
Server which has services running in pure Java.
For my Java Soap Clients, the soap service used to
return a Node Element ( XML Document). The Java Client
worked perfectly using the usual following code:

if( !resp.generatedFault() )
         {
         Parameter ret = resp.getReturnValue();
         bookEl = (Element)ret.getValue();

System.out.println(DOM2Writer.nodeToString(bookEl));

         }

But now since i have started using XSP where the
client looks like :
<soap:call url="http://soap server .....">
                <ns1:*method name *
xmlns:ns1="urn:*service name *">
                  <soap:enc/>
                  <symbol xsi:type="xsd:string"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"><xsp-request:get-parameter
name="symbol"/></symbol>
                </ns1:*method name*>
              </soap:call>

,while working with string return values, the existing
sample code works perfectly, but when xml objects r
being rcvd i get the error no serializer found for
org.w3c.node***.
(-- i can solve this error for Java Clients--)

Since there are no existing cases in the mail archives
for writing the XSP equivalent of exisiting Java
Clients or any literature on the Net, we are facing
great problems.
If any of you guys have sorted out these kinda XSP
cases, pls do reply as it wld b of gr8 help.
rgds
DEEPAK.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com