Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Rodrigo Ramos <cr...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/13 06:57:25 UTC

Activemq health

Hello everybody

Im starting with activemq. I have been reading about how to test the
service. The site talks only about one way to do it, using netstat. Netstat
shows the status of listening port, but not the health of service.

Is there any way to test that the process is healthy?

Greetings

Re: Activemq health

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 01/23/2017 05:08 PM, Adam Whitney wrote:
> @rajdavies,
>
> After reading https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6252 and the Java
> docs for HealthView and HealthViewMBean, as well as the latest source code
> for HealthView.java (since 5.13.3) ... it looks like one would first need to
> call HealthView.healthList() ... otherwise, the HealthViewMBean will always
> report "Good" as the CurrentStatus.
>
> Is there a way to trigger a call to HealthView.healthList() via Jolokia (or
> any of the other web APIs for ActiveMQ)? Or would I need to write something
> like a Broker Filter Plugin to call the HealthView.healthList() in order to
> pre-populate the HealthView.CurrentStatus so it has some useful data when I
> query it via Jolokia?
>
> Note, I'm really only interested in the health status upon startup ... as a
> way to make an automated test for zero-impact deployments. I won't be
> checking the health other than immediately after a new deployment.
>
> Thanks,
> adam

I beleive if you call healthStatus you will get the current state as
that both the call to healthList and then gets the current state.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: Activemq health

Re: Activemq health

Posted by Rodrigo Ramos <cr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help.

Re: Activemq health

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
If you can use JMX there’s a HealthView MBean associated with the broker - which summarises things like memory usage, disk space usage, Queues with no consumers etc.

On 13 Dec 2013, at 05:57, Rodrigo Ramos <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody
>

> Im starting with activemq. I have been reading about how to test the
> service. The site talks only about one way to do it, using netstat. Netstat
> shows the status of listening port, but not the health of service.
>
> Is there any way to test that the process is healthy?
>

> Greetings

Rob Davies
————————