Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk> on 2020/01/09 09:12:52 UTC

Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

Hi all,

Haystack, the search relevance conference, is confirmed for 29th & 30th
April 2020 in Charlottesville, Virginia - the CFP is open and we need
your contributions! More information at www.haystackconf.com
<http://www.haystackconf.com>including links to previous talks, deadline
is 31st January. We'd love to hear your Lucene/Solr relevance stories.

Cheers

Charlie
--

Charlie Hull
Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

Posted by John Blythe <jo...@gmail.com>.
Perfect, thank you!

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 02:18 Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk> wrote:

> We're expecting prices to be very similar to last year - early bird will
> be $300 ish for conference only and $2250 ish for conference plus a
> training (we're running no less than 5 different classes that week
> including Think Like a Relevance Engineer, Hello LTR and NLP) -
> hopefully this will give you enough information for budgeting.
>
> Speakers get a small discount too!
>
> Cheers
>
> Charlie
>
> On 27/01/2020 22:21, John Blythe wrote:
> > Hey Doug. Do you know the pricing yet? Trying to get something submitted
> > VP so I can take my team to the conference. Thanks!
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 14:54 Doug Turnbull <
> > dturnbull@opensourceconnections.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Just an update the CFP was extended to Feb 7th, less than 2 weeks
> away.  ->
> >> http://haystackconf.com
> >>
> >> It's your ethical imperative to share! ;)
> >>

> https://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2020/01/23/opening-up-search-is-an-ethical-imperative/
> >>
> >> And no talk is too small, people often underestimate what they're doing,
> >> and very much underestimate how interesting others will find your story!
> >> The best talks often come from the least expected people & orgs.

> deadline

> >> --
> >> *Doug Turnbull **| CTO* | OpenSource Connections
> >> <http://opensourceconnections.com>, LLC | 240.476.9983
> >> Author: Relevant Search <http://manning.com/turnbull>
> >> This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
> >> Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless
> >> of whether attachments are marked as such.
> >>

> --
> Charlie Hull
> OpenSource Connections, previously Flax
>
> tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
> mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
> web: www.o19s.com
>
> --
John Blythe

Re: Haystack CFP is open, come and tell us how you tune relevance for Lucene/Solr

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.

Posted by John Blythe <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.
Hi all,

You have until this Friday to submit a talk to Haystack! Very much
looking forward to your submissions.

Charlie

Posted by Doug Turnbull <dt...@opensourceconnections.com>.

Author: Relevant Search <http://manning.com/turnbull>