Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Volker Vosskaemper <vo...@cenote.de> on 2004/03/08 17:18:25 UTC

cannot merge with https

Hello,

svn client 1.0.0
server svn 0.37.0

I tried to merge the difference of a branch into my trunc:

D:\Source\test>svn merge  -r9:10
https://dev.test.example/test/branches/test-1.0
svn: REPORT request failed on '/test/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/test/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read chunk size:
Secure connection truncated (https://dev.test.example)

D:\Source\test>

under Linux is the same...

Volker

Re: Bad Errormessage (was: Re: cannot merge with https)

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 06:08, Volker Vosskaemper wrote:

> D:\Source\test2>svn merge -r9:10 --dry-run
> http://dev.test.example:8080//test/branches/test-1.0
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/test/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: The REPORT request returned invalid XML in the response: XML parse
> error at line 1: no element found (/test/!svn/vcc/default)

I think this bug is already fixed in /trunk and 1.0.1.

Bad Errormessage (was: Re: cannot merge with https)

Posted by Volker Vosskaemper <vo...@cenote.de>.
Ok folks,

this is not really an error (now I know :-) ) . Without ssl the error
message ist:

D:\Source\test2>svn merge -r9:10 --dry-run
http://dev.test.example:8080//test/branches/test-1.0
svn: REPORT request failed on '/test/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: The REPORT request returned invalid XML in the response: XML parse
error at line 1: no element found (/test/!svn/vcc/default)

The real reason is:

in revision 9 the branch does not exist !! The branch was made with rev
10 and
svn merge -r10:11 ...
would give the wanted result.

But this errormessages are ugly and confusing, so I was searching at the
wrong place :-(

But this is just 1.0 and the product is really fantastic :-)

regards

Volker