Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by kengstrom <kn...@trizetto.com> on 2016/09/12 16:38:47 UTC

HTTP 500 errors on Tomcat servers causing end-users to be unable to process

I am running TOMEE for our internal product workflow.  We have this load
balanced on two server with two instances of TOMEE each.  We are noticing
that when there are 100+ concurrent sessions these HTTP 500 errors on Tomcat
servers start popping update.  Once this behavior starts we have to reboot
TOMEE and we are good to a few hours or the rest of day.  Issue repeats.

Event viewer log shows the following from the client side pointing to TOMEE
servers:
CER_HTTP_POST::Post - HttpQueryInfo - Status Code: 500 - Server Error:
INTERNAL ERROR; The server could not fulfill the request because of an
unexpected condition.

Turning debug in log4j.properties for client only brings down the app.

Any suggestions on what to fine tune?

Would the following added settings in their system.properties file make a
difference?  This is currently not in place.

They added # StatelessContainer custom properties
myStatelessContainer = new://Container?type=STATELESS
myStatelessContainer.accessTimeout = 30 seconds
myStatelessContainer.callbackThreads = 5
myStatelessContainer.closeTimeout = 5 minutes
myStatelessContainer.garbageCollection = false
myStatelessContainer.idleTimeout = 0 minutes
myStatelessContainer.maxAge = 0 hours
myStatelessContainer.maxAgeOffset = -1
myStatelessContainer.maxSize = 100
myStatelessContainer.minSize = 10
myStatelessContainer.replaceAged = true
myStatelessContainer.replaceFlushed = false
myStatelessContainer.strictPooling = true
myStatelessContainer.sweepInterval = 5 minutes

Re: HTTP 500 errors on Tomcat servers causing end-users to be unable to process

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Which version do you run?  What is in server logs (catalina*)?