Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2008/01/02 12:52:34 UTC

Re: Woden SVN repo move complete

I tried the Relocate approach but it didn't work - looks like this can
only be used for a change of server name or protocol (http/https), but not
for a relative path change. I guess the same problem will occur with 'svn
switch --relocate ...' at the command line.

Instead, in the Java perspective in Eclipse I opened the project context
menu and selected 'Team->Switch to another branch/tag...' and changed
'incubator' to 'webservices' in the URL.

I think the cmd line equivalent is to run 'svn switch URL PATH'.
EG:
svn switch
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/woden/branches/woden47
C:/workspace/woden/woden47 -rHEAD

John Kaputin

Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> wrote on 24/12/2007 18:48:20:

> I've complete the move of Woden's SVN repository to
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/woden/
>
> To update your workspace in Eclipse:
>
> 1. Change to the SVN Repository Exploring perspective.
> 2. You should have an entry for
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/woden. Right click on the
entry
> and select Relocate...
> 3. The wizard will show you the projects that will be relocated. Click
> next.
> 4. Enter the new URL as
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/woden
> and click Finish.
> 5. The wizard relocates the Woden repository and all your projects are
> updated.
>
> These instructions are available with screenshots in the Eclipse help
> system (if you have subclipse installed) under
Subclipse->Reference->Other
> Actions->Relocate Repository.)
>
> To update your workspace from the command line:
>
> Use the SVN switch command as follows:
>
> svn switch --relocate https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/woden
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/woden
>
> More information on the command line switch command can be found at [1].
>
> [1] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.ref.svn.c.switch.html
>

> Please let me know if you have any issues.
>
> Lawrence

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: Woden SVN repo move complete

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Ditto from me - thanks Lawrence. Came back to work after Christmas and
everything was switched over and running on rails. Good job.

regards,
John Kaputin

"Jeremy Hughes" <hu...@apache.org>
Sent by: jpjhughes@gmail.com
03/01/2008 10:24
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Woden SVN repo move complete

BTW: I'd like to extend a big thanks to Lawrence for moving the
repository and web site (incl. redirect), changing the maven pom.xml
and I'm sure there are other changes I haven't noticed yet :-) THANKS!

Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
The SVN book says: