Posted to tdk-dev@turbine.apache.org by "A. Gunes Koru" <gk...@engr.smu.edu> on 2002/10/02 16:40:31 UTC

Re: A survey about handling bugs in open source projects

Dear Konstantin,

Thanks for your nice manners in your response. I want to express that my
purpose is only and only research, which has many potential implications
in open source software development. Of course, it is not easy to get in
touch with as many as Apache developers I can. I have been also sending
e-mails to many Gnome, KDE, and OpenOffice lists in the last couple of
weeks. Among these thousands of people, nobody was uncomfortable. I think
it is very to hit a delete key if you want to remove your messages. If
someone is choosing to get uncomfortable, I guess he/she will get tired
and uncomfortable in any mailing list.

I hope I could answer your concerns, of course, I am always looking for
better ways of contacting more developers. I apologize for any
inconvenience during this.

Regards,

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Konstantin Priblouda wrote:

> Hi Gunes,
> your mails start to suck.
> It seems that you are posting this to all posible
> lists from jakarta.apache.org - so the people
> sibscribed to different lists are getting this
> more than once.
>
> What would your next step be? Going to sourceforge,
> and ask your question in every  list you can find
> there?
>
> I'm tired removing them out of my inbox.
>
> regards,
>
> =====
> Konstantin Priblouda ( ko5tik )    Freelance Software developer
> < http://www.pribluda.de > < play java games -> http://www.yook.de >
> < render charts online -> http://www.pribluda.de/povray/ >

A. Gunes Koru

Research Assistant, Ph.D. Student

Southern Methodist University
Computer Science and Engineering Department
6425 North Ownby Drive
Science and Information Building Room 317
Dallas, TX 75205

Home: 214 691 5633
Work: 214 768 2005
Cell: 214 893 7311