Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mohan Raj <mh...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/12/11 09:59:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Need guidance on using custom OpenSSL engine with Apache Server (Worker MPM)

Hi,

I have built a custom OpenSSL engine which will offload RSA decryption operation to GPU.
The engine requires each incoming request to be handled by a thread.
As request comes, its data will be placed in a buffer and will be offloaded to GPU once the buffer threshold is exceeded.

To test this engine, I am using Apache server with Worker MPM enabled.
To generate concurrent client requests, I am utilizing Apache benchmark tool.

Ideally, when concurrent requests are issued, each requests will be handled by a server thread, and the buffer will be filled up with data from all the requests.
However, when tested, the buffer only contains data from 1 request.

I would appreciate if anybody can explain why only single thread is utilizing my engine?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohan