Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by simon colston <si...@lexues.co.jp> on 2001/09/22 05:38:19 UTC

Re: R 馭. : Re: tomcat 3.2.3 hangs, AIX 4.3.3 (jre 1.2.2 and 1.3.0)

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:54:31 +0200
joseph.vallot@bnpparibas.com wrote:

> simon@lexues.co.jp wrote:
>
> > joseph.vallot@bnpparibas.com wrote:
> > >
> > > infortunaltely, I can't make it work on aix.
>
> > are you talking about the kill command?  That's a shame because
> > I had a very similar problem and we could use the kill command
> > to check tht they are the same.
>
> I tried again: nothing happens... as far as I can see...

The command doesn't put anything on the screen but creates a text file.
Try searching for a text file named javacorePPPPPPP.TTTTTTT.txt
(PPPPPPP is a number = the process id, TTTTTTT is a number = the time)  The thread information is in that file.

> > When you open a connection to a URL on a HTTP 1.1 server Java
> > uses keep-alive by default.  Java keeps the connection alive by
> > having a thread waiting for some action on the socket.
> > Therefore, even if you close the connection the thread still
> > lives.
>
> I don't understand: my sample make new url connections very
> often: 50 threads opening URL connections every some seconds :
> either "Thread.activeCount()" and "ps -o THREAD" give a constant
> number of thread (after some "boot time").
>
> So I don't see where keepAlive would have some meaning.
>
> Did I miss something ?

No, sorry, I misunderstood you.  I thought the number of threads was increasing.

--
simon colston
simon@lexues.co.jp