Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@proteosys.com> on 2008/02/24 18:14:51 UTC

TinyMCE problems

Hello,

I've been trying to get TinyMCE to work with lenya 2.0, but am stuck. Editing
does work, but it is not possible to check in the document. Both the "Save" and
the "Cancel" button cause the tinymce.edit usecase to be invoked again.

The result is a message that the document is already checked out. When I try to
force a checkin, it reverts to the same usecase again.

I do believe that I followed the installation instructions correctly, except in
one respect: in my first attempt I installed TinyMCE 3.0. Since its icons do not
display correctly, I removed the files and installed version 2.1.3 - with the
aforementioned result.

I'm running this on Linux, with the Sun JRE 1.5.0_11 and Tomcat 5.5.

There is one error message appearing rather often:

http-8280-Processor25 INFO  sitemap - Redirecting to 'cocoon:/view/tab'
http-8280-Processor25 ERROR [/lenya].[Cocoon] - Servlet.service() for servlet
Cocoon threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
 	at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.createBridgeContext(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer.notify(SVGSerializer.java:207)
 	at org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.SVGBuilder.endDocument(SVGBuilder.java:132)
 	at org.apache.cocoon.components.EnvironmentChanger.endDocument(EnvironmentStack.java:119)

Thanks in advance
    Rainer Sch�pf

Re: TinyMCE problems

Posted by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@proteosys.com>.
Hi Andreas,

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 at 21:27 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

 > Hi Rainer,
 >
 > Rainer Sch�pf schrieb:
 > > Hello,
 > >
 > > I've been trying to get TinyMCE to work with lenya 2.0, but am stuck.
 > > Editing does work, but it is not possible to check in the document. Both
 > > the "Save" and the "Cancel" button cause the tinymce.edit usecase to be
 > > invoked again.
 >
 > these symptomes sometimes occur if uploads are disabled (in
 > local.build.properties/web.xml). It's related to multipart/form-data
 > processing. Would you mind verifying if uploads are enabled in your
 > installation? TIA!

That was most helpful! I hadn't allowed uploads in my initial installation;
changing that parameter did it.

It might be useful to add a remark to that effect to the tinymce module
documentation on the web site.

 > > The result is a message that the document is already checked out. When I
 > > try to force a checkin, it reverts to the same usecase again.
 > >
 > > I do believe that I followed the installation instructions correctly,
 > > except in one respect: in my first attempt I installed TinyMCE 3.0. Since
 > > its icons do not display correctly, I removed the files and installed
 > > version 2.1.3 - with the aforementioned result.
 > >
 > > I'm running this on Linux, with the Sun JRE 1.5.0_11 and Tomcat 5.5.
 > >
 > > There is one error message appearing rather often:
 > >
 > > http-8280-Processor25 INFO  sitemap - Redirecting to 'cocoon:/view/tab'
 > > http-8280-Processor25 ERROR [/lenya].[Cocoon] - Servlet.service() for
 > > servlet Cocoon threw exception
 > > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
 > >     at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
 >
 > I'e not seen this before. Maybe there's something in the Cocoon or Batik
 > mailing lists?

I did a quick Google search, without luck.

However, J�rgen Ragalla's comment made me try jetty and compare. It seems the
error is caused by the little flags denoting the different language versions at
the bottom of the site tree. When running under tomcat, the flags do not appear.
It might be a missing library; I will continue to look.

 Thank you
   Rainer

Re: TinyMCE problems

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Rainer,

Rainer Schöpf schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to get TinyMCE to work with lenya 2.0, but am stuck.
> Editing does work, but it is not possible to check in the document. Both
> the "Save" and the "Cancel" button cause the tinymce.edit usecase to be
> invoked again.

these symptomes sometimes occur if uploads are disabled (in
local.build.properties/web.xml). It's related to multipart/form-data
processing. Would you mind verifying if uploads are enabled in your
installation? TIA!

> The result is a message that the document is already checked out. When I
> try to force a checkin, it reverts to the same usecase again.
>
> I do believe that I followed the installation instructions correctly,
> except in one respect: in my first attempt I installed TinyMCE 3.0.
> Since its icons do not display correctly, I removed the files and
> installed version 2.1.3 - with the aforementioned result.
>
> I'm running this on Linux, with the Sun JRE 1.5.0_11 and Tomcat 5.5.
>
> There is one error message appearing rather often:
>
> http-8280-Processor25 INFO  sitemap - Redirecting to 'cocoon:/view/tab'
> http-8280-Processor25 ERROR [/lenya].[Cocoon] - Servlet.service() for
> servlet Cocoon threw exception
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>     at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.<init>(Unknown Source)

I'e not seen this before. Maybe there's something in the Cocoon or Batik
mailing lists?

-- Andreas

>     at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
>     at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.createBridgeContext(Unknown
> Source)
>     at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
>     at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
>     at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
>     at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
>     at
> org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer.notify(SVGSerializer.java:207)
>
>     at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.SVGBuilder.endDocument(SVGBuilder.java:132)
>     at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.EnvironmentChanger.endDocument(EnvironmentStack.java:119)

> Thanks in advance
>    Rainer Schöpf

Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH
http://www.becompany.ch
Tel.: +41 (0) 43 818 57 01

Re: Tomcat library problem [was: TinyMCE problems]

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> Rainer Schöpf schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> followup to the second problem I reported yesterday. This took some
>> time to unravel, so I thought I should share my findings.
>
> thanks a lot for digging into this and sharing the results!
> We'll add this to the FAQ.

Done (in the new documentation, not published yet).
Thanks again!

-- Andreas

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Rainer,

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Tomcat library problem [was: TinyMCE problems]

Posted by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@proteosys.com>.
Hello,

Re: TinyMCE problems

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.
Hello Rainer

Am Feb 24, 2008 um 18:14 schrieb Rainer Schöpf:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to get TinyMCE to work with lenya 2.0, but am
> stuck. Editing does work, but it is not possible to check in the
> document. Both the "Save" and the "Cancel" button cause the
> tinymce.edit usecase to be invoked again.

We use tinyMCE 2.1.3 with lenya 2.0 in production - it's working
nicely. The difference to your setup is, that we use the built in
jetty. Do you get the same problem with jetty?

> The result is a message that the document is already checked out.
> When I try to force a checkin, it reverts to the same usecase again.
>
> I do believe that I followed the installation instructions
> correctly, except in one respect: in my first attempt I installed
> TinyMCE 3.0. Since its icons do not display correctly, I removed the
> files and installed version 2.1.3 - with the aforementioned result.

I think TinyMCE 3.0.x is currently not compatible with lenyas tinymce
module (I got javascript initialization errors running it when I last
tried).

> I'm running this on Linux, with the Sun JRE 1.5.0_11 and Tomcat 5.5.
>
> There is one error message appearing rather often:
>
> http-8280-Processor25 INFO  sitemap - Redirecting to 'cocoon:/view/
> tab'
> http-8280-Processor25 ERROR [/lenya].[Cocoon] - Servlet.service()
> for servlet Cocoon threw exception
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
> 	at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.createBridgeContext(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at
> org
> .apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer.notify(SVGSerializer.java:
> 207)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.SVGBuilder.endDocument(SVGBuilder.java:
> 132)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .cocoon
> .components.EnvironmentChanger.endDocument(EnvironmentStack.java:119)

... at fist glance that does not look like a tinymce problem to me -
rather a missing library or something of the sort.

Jürgen Ragaller

ragaller@apache.org