Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Scott Jeppesen <je...@corp.earthlink.net> on 2001/12/05 22:08:50 UTC

classpath for velocity and tomcat

What classpaths do I need to set to be able to view my velocity servlets
through Tomcat? I looked through the documentation to see exactly what I
should set but I don't see it anywhere...

TIA,
Scott

Re: classpath for velocity and tomcat

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 12/5/01 4:08 PM, "Scott Jeppesen" <je...@corp.earthlink.net> wrote:

> What classpaths do I need to set to be able to view my velocity servlets
> through Tomcat? I looked through the documentation to see exactly what I
> should set but I don't see it anywhere...

Classpaths are evil and foul.

For tomcat, the best thing you can do for yourself is drop the vel.jar into
the

WEB-INF/lib

directory of your webapp.  Tomcat will take it from there.  For your classes
that are derived from VelocityServlet, either drop them into

  WEB-INF/classes

Or bundle them up into a jar and drop into WEB-INF/lib (my fave...)

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting