Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2023/09/04 20:26:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 5.0-alpha1 (take3)

Proposing the test build of Cassandra 5.0-alpha1 for release.

DISCLAIMER, this alpha release does not contain the expected 5.0
features: Vector Search (CEP-30), Transactional Cluster Metadata
(CEP-21) and Accord Transactions (CEP-15).  These features will land
in a later alpha release.

Please also note that this is an alpha release and what that means, further
info at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/Release+Lifecycle

sha1: bc5e3741d475e2e99fd7a10450681fd708431a89
Git: https://github.com/apache/cassandra/tree/5.0-alpha1-tentative
Maven Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-1316/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-all/5.0-alpha1/

The Source and Build Artifacts, and the Debian and RPM packages and
repositories, are available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cassandra/5.0-alpha1/

The vote will be open for 72 hours (longer if needed). Everyone who has
tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members are considered
binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and no -1's.

[1]: CHANGES.txt:
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/5.0-alpha1-tentative/CHANGES.txt
[2]: NEWS.txt:
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/5.0-alpha1-tentative/NEWS.txt

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 5.0-alpha1 (take3)

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
Vote passes with seven +1s (3 binding) and no vetoes.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 5.0-alpha1 (take3)

Posted by Jacek Lewandowski <le...@gmail.com>.
Ok, +1

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrés de la Peña <ad...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <bl...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jacek Lewandowski <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by guo Maxwell <cc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Berenguer Blasi <be...@gmail.com> 于2023年9月7日周四 15:27写道:

--
you are the apple of my eye !

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 5.0-alpha1 (take3)

Posted by Berenguer Blasi <be...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.