Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Adel Boutros <Ad...@live.com> on 2016/09/28 12:20:38 UTC

Dispatch Router "qdstat -a" clarifying the definition of "phs"

Hello,

In the output of qdstat when querying addresses (qdstat -a), there is a field called "phs". Checking the documentation it seems to be related to the phases of an address.

If I understand correctly, there are 2 phases:

* 0: For a consumer receiving a message from the dispatch router

* 1: For a producer sending a message via the dispatch router.

Do you confirm the above explanation? If not, could you please clarify the behavior?

Regards,

Adel

Re: Dispatch Router "qdstat -a" clarifying the definition of "phs"

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 28/09/16 13:20, Adel Boutros wrote:
> Hello,
>

> In the output of qdstat when querying addresses (qdstat -a), there is a field called "phs". Checking the documentation it seems to be related to the phases of an address.
>
> If I understand correctly, there are 2 phases:
>
> * 0: For a consumer receiving a message from the dispatch router
>
> * 1: For a producer sending a message via the dispatch router.
>

> Do you confirm the above explanation? If not, could you please clarify the behavior?

Phases are relevant for addresses with waypoints. A simple address is
like a rendezvous point for receivers and senders. If the address has
one or more waypoints, it becomes a path rather than a point. Phase is
used to indicate which part of the path a given transfer is associated with.

With a single waypoint - by far the most common case - there are two
parts to the path; the route in from senders to the waypoint and the
router back out from the waypoint to any receivers. By default these are
configured to be phase 0 and 1 respectively. However the phase
identifiers used can be configured if desired.

 From the routers perspective, each part involves transfers into the
router and transfers out of the router. It uses the phase to keep the
associates routes distinct.