Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Luke Han <lu...@apache.org> on 2016/11/07 23:24:48 UTC

[REPORT] Kylin - November 2016

===============
Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed
to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on
Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets.

## Issues:
- Apache Kylin Meetup hosted on 2016-10-29 in Shenzhen, China
engaged more than 200 participants, with 4 sessions from
Liangyi Huang (Kylin User), Jongyoul Li (Zeppelin PMC),
WeiShuo Zhen (Tableau Expert) and Yang Li (Kylin PMC)
- Yang Li presented Kylin topic at ChinaHadoop live broadcast
on 2016-11-3, more than 2200 people joined that session
- Luke Han presented Kylin streaming topic at
Analysys 10 Summit on 2016-10-28 in Beijing
- Luke Han presented Kylin open source topic at
QCon Shanghai on 2016-10-22
- Apache Kylin Practices eBook published on 2016-10-27
by InfoQ China

## Community:
- 224 JIRA tickets created after last report
- 239 JIRA tickets closed/resolved after last report

## Releases:
- The latest release, v1.5.4.1, released on 2016-09-28
- v1.5.4, released on 2016-09-15

Re: [REPORT] Kylin - November 2016

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Good suggestion, we should record these sessions in future.

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.