Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Lucas Pérez <lu...@teleco.upv.es> on 2002/05/22 12:16:11 UTC

Problem with sql extensions

Hello, I am new in this of XML and XSLT and have a problem with the extensions
of SQL. I need to put one query of the type

<xsl:param name="query" select="'SELECT * FROM ULS WHERE [ULS].[User-Name]
='0145516'"/>

and I not know how to put '0145516'. I obtain an exception of the type

XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Extra illegal tokens: 'u0103516', '\',
''''

I'm using a sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver with a MS Access database.

Thanks in advanced

	Lucas

Re: Problem with sql extensions

Posted by Lucas Pérez <lu...@teleco.upv.es>.
Hey!!, It works, because I have a malformed string in the file that I'm using.
In this file I have <xsl:for-each select="$table/sql/metaadata/column-header">
instead <xsl:for-each select="$table/sql/metadata/column-header">.

Lucas.

23/05/02 11:42:00, Lucas Pérez <lu...@teleco.upv.es> wrote:

>Thanks, yes, it works.
>
>Now I have a doubt, in the examples uses <xsl:value-of select="@column-name"/>
to obtain the
>name of the column, but that parameter does not give back anything. How I can
obtain the headed
>ones of the columns?.
>I use one query type SELECT USERNAME AS "UserName" FROM ACS1; and work on a
data base
>Oracle and Access.
>
>22/05/02 19:26:40, "Frank E. Weiss" <fr...@well.com> wrote:
>
>>You're nesting single and double quotes too deeply. Don't use the select
atttribute of the xsl:param
>tag, use the
>>content like this:
>>
>><xsl:param name="query">SELECT * FROM ULS WHERE [ULS].[User-Name]
>>='0145516'</xsl:param>
>>

>>Lucas Pérez wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, I am new in this of XML and XSLT and have a problem with the
extensions
>>> of SQL. I need to put one query of the type
>>>
>>> <xsl:param name="query" select="'SELECT * FROM ULS WHERE [ULS].[User-Name]
>>> ='0145516'"/>
>>>
>>> and I not know how to put '0145516'. I obtain an exception of the type
>>>
>>> XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
>>> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
>>> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Extra illegal tokens: 'u0103516',
'\',

Posted by Lucas Pérez <lu...@teleco.upv.es>.
Thanks, yes, it works.

Posted by "Frank E. Weiss" <fr...@well.com>.