Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Alireza Eskandari <as...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/28 18:06:03 UTC

KVM & shared storage

Hi,
Did you have any experience about using KVM with iSCSI or FC as the primary
storage?
It seems it is possible by using cLVM or clustered file systems (GFS2 or
OCFS2).
What is your suggestion?
Is it reliable?
What about the performance?
Thank you.

Re: KVM & shared storage

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
Hi,

Op 28-04-2022 om 20:06 schreef Alireza Eskandari:
> Hi,
> Did you have any experience about using KVM with iSCSI or FC as the primary
> storage?
> It seems it is possible by using cLVM or clustered file systems (GFS2 or
> OCFS2).
> What is your suggestion?

I would NOT recommend to do this. You will need to set up CLVM with
things like corosync to get this working.

Then you would only have RAW volumes without thin provisioning nor
provisioning.

I would suggest to use NFS and then you can use QCOW2 files.

Wido