Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Richard Thomas <ri...@psysolutions.com> on 2008/01/22 19:55:36 UTC

Subversion issue- Report Request Failed

Well, we had an issue with a "Working copy .. missing or not locked"
deal. I got that fixed. Then I couldn't commit with a "File not found"
error and I went into the directories where the files could not be found
and those directories could be commited successfully. So I head back up
to the top level directory and try to commit. Well, no go
"/trunk/htdocs" is out of date. Well, OK. Let's update it then...

No go. The REPORT contained invalid XML in the response. Something about
going past the end of the document (sorry, the error message has
scrolled off so I can't cut/paste).

So I upgrade subversion on the client and the server. 1.4.2->1.4.2dfsg1

Now the error I'm getting is

$ svn update
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/www/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/svn/www/!svn/vcc/default': 200 OK
(http://www.svnserver.com)

On the server:

error.www.log:[Tue Jan 22 12:21:12 2008] [error] [client 10.1.100.25]
Provider encountered an error while streaming a REPORT response.  [404, #0]

Looking at a packet capture, I can't see any odd characters or anything
like that. Anyone know where I can go from here or where to look next?

I've just checked and I was able to checkout the latest revision of the
repository on a couple of other systems. Not sure what this implies. Any
ideas?

Rich

RE: Subversion issue- Report Request Failed

Posted by "Miller, Eric" <Er...@amd.com>.
> I like subversion but it does seem rather fragile and when it breaks,
it
> is very un-informative about how to fix things (or even where to start
> looking).

Amen.  But supposedly this is going to be a major focus after the 1.5
release.

Glad you got it figured out.

Eric

Re: Subversion issue- Report Request Failed

Posted by Richard Thomas <ri...@psysolutions.com>.
Well, in the end, I checked out the latest version into a new directory
and then copied everything except the .svn directories over the top of
that from the problem directory and asked my user to make sure he
re-added what needed to be added.

Richard Thomas wrote:
> Well, we had an issue with a "Working copy .. missing or not locked"
> deal. I got that fixed. Then I couldn't commit with a "File not found"
[snip]