Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by heaven <ah...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/10 17:40:46 UTC

Solr to return the list of matched fields

Hi, I have a few text fields indexed and when searching I need to know what
field matched. For example I have fields:
{code}
full_name, site_source, tweets, rss_entries, etc
{code}
When searching I need to show results and show scores per each field. So an
user can see what exactly content match the given keywords (I can't use
stored fields because of the index size).

Thank you,
Alex

Re: Solr to return the list of matched fields

Posted by heaven <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi, thank you, when it is good for visual review it is hard to work with this
data. What I need is to build something like this:

| Name      | Twitter Profile | Topics | Site Title | Site Description |
Site content |
| John Doe | Yes                | No      | Yes         | No
| Yes             |
| Jane Doe | No                 | Yes     | No          | No
| Yes             |

So a user could see what namely field (content) matched the query. Debug is
a little confusing, could have many levels of nesting and is unclear to me.

Re: Solr to return the list of matched fields

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Take a look at the "explain" section of the results when you set the
debugQuery=true parameter.

Also set the debug.explain.structured=true parameter to get a structured
representation of the explain section.

-- Jack Krupansky