Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Cronemberger, Constantino" <Co...@gft.com> on 2011/11/28 17:41:20 UTC

bug 4035 is not really fixed

Hi,

I am using this version:

 svn --version
svn, version 1.7.1 (r1186859)
   compiled Oct 21 2011, 22:59:27

and I get this errro:

svn cleanup
svn: E235000: In file 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.1\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\workqueue.c' line 672: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)

So I believe that bug is not in fact fixed, at least not all cases. There is says it is fixed in trunk and in 1.7.1.

Can somebody reopen that bug?

I have added more information directly on that bug.

Thanks,

    Constantino.

Re: bug 4035 is not really fixed

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:04 PM, "Philip Martin" <ph...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com> writes:
>
> >> Is there any query I can run on my wc to help identify the problem?
> >
> > The one I gave last time:
> >
> >  select * from work_queue
> >
> > That's the starting point of the investigation.
>
> Constantino was able to supply some information.  It appears that the
> problem is related to the upgrade and not to operations done since the
> upgrade, so the problem should not affect new working copies checked-out
> using 1.7.  It's not clear whether the problem was present in the 1.6
> working copy, or whether it was introduced by the 1.6 to 1.7 upgrade
> process.  The soon-to-be-released 1.7.3 will have additional checks

I think you mean 1.7.2

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
"Cronemberger, Constantino" <Co...@gft.com> writes:

> Yesterday I left the update running and this morning it was finished. Today I executed "svn status" and saw that I still had some modified files that I have never touched before, then I did the same steps as yesterday and got the same problems:
>
> - I try to revert those changes that I did not do
> - the files are deleted and I have to re-create the files, do a "delete from work_queue" and a "svn cleanup"
>
> at the end the files are still reported as modified.
>
> I also tried to delete the directory where those files are and tried an update afterwards to get them replaced but the result was the same: modified files.
>
> Finally I tried to do an "svn delete" in those files and tried to revert again and got the same problem.
>
> The problems I found so far are:
>
> - I did not change the files that are being reported as modified (in fact I never opened them), so the upgrade process must have done this
> - The error happens if I try to revert those changes and if I first delete the files and try to revert the deletion
>
> Is there any query I can run on my wc to help identify the problem?

The one I gave last time:

 select * from work_queue

That's the starting point of the investigation.  Having identified the
local_relpath then

  select * from nodes where local_relpath='some/path'
  select * from actual_node where local_relpath='some/path'

Deleting rows from the work_queue is bad idea. Removing rows may appear
to solve the temporary problem but it is likely to lead to errors in
future operations.

--
Philip

RE: bug 4035 is not really fixed

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by "Cronemberger, Constantino" <Co...@gft.com>.
Hi,

I managed to find the file, then I delete it using "delete from work_queue" and finally  I executed "svn cleanup" and "svn update" and got the same error again.

At last I found that the file that was causing the problem was in fact deleted by SVN, so I created an empty file with the same name but with no content (it was a .doc file) and it is working again.

Not sure why the file was deleted because I can see it is still in the server. I think it was deleted because I tried to execute "svn revert" when all my problems started.

Thanks for the tip,
   Constantino.

sqlite3 .svn/wc.db "select * from work_queue"

to find out which node is affected.

--
Philip

Re: bug 4035 is not really fixed

Posted by "Cronemberger, Constantino" <Co...@gft.com>.
Hi,

I have used 1.7.1. I never used 1.7.0.

Regards,
   Constantino
> svn: E235000: In file 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.1\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\workqueue.c' line 672: assertion failed (checksum != NULL)
>
> So I believe that bug is not in fact fixed, at least not all cases. There is says it is fixed in trunk and in 1.7.1.

Did you use Subversion 1.7.0 or 1.7.1 to do the upgrade?

--
Philip

Re: bug 4035 is not really fixed

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.