Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jonathan Hilgeman <JH...@ecx.com> on 2001/05/09 17:33:39 UTC

Perl Sections: command_rec for directive `ISA' not found!

Seeing that nobody answered your question or posted the answer, I had to
overcome this same problem. The problem was the Perl libraries that were
installed (or not installed). You need to reinstall / install the
Bundle::DBI package and the correct modules for it. In my case, I was trying
to dynamically build VirtualHost directives from a mySQL database. I
telnetted/ssh to the shell and typed the following:

su-2.04#  perl -MCPAN -e shell

cpan> install Bundle::DBI

< Bundle gets installed >

cpan> install Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2216.tar.gz

< Package starts installing >

When it asked me if I wanted mSQL, mySQL, or both, I chose mySQL only.
It asked me where the subdirectory with the include files was, and it
defaulted to /usr/local. This caught me off-guard because mySQL was actually
installed in /usr/local/mysql and so I kept putting that directory, but it
kept failing. When I tried reinstalling, I left it at /usr/local and it went
through fine.

Now that the packages are installed, I had one more error to fix. In the
<Perl> section, I had:

$dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:mysql: ..blah..blah...');

which had to be changed to

my $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:mysql: ..blah..blah...');

Otherwise, Apache will not recognize the variables and will return an error
about commands and stuff.

Hope this helps!

Jonathan Hilgeman