Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by John Harris <Jo...@nurs.utah.edu> on 2002/02/25 18:20:18 UTC

db re-establishing connection

I was wondering how turbine deals with lost db connectivity?

If a web server running turbine using an oracle backend on a different server, and oracle services are stopped for 30 minutes, does turbine re-establish the link?

Any ideas or references to sources would be greatly appreciated.

John Harris

Re: db re-establishing connection

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/25/02 9:20 AM, "John Harris" <Jo...@nurs.utah.edu> wrote:

> I was wondering how turbine deals with lost db connectivity?
>
> If a web server running turbine using an oracle backend on a different server,
> and oracle services are stopped for 30 minutes, does turbine re-establish the
> link?

Yes, the connection pool will test to make sure it can get a proper
connection. If it can't, it will reconnect.

> Any ideas or references to sources would be greatly appreciated.

Look in CVS.

-jon