Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by vkrejcirik <vk...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/18 08:42:22 UTC

bundle deployment

Hi,
I have 2 questions:

1) I made bundle for Apache Sling with initial content. If I install
this bundle everything is ok, I see this content on
localhost:8080/mypage.html.
But I stop this bundle, I still see this page...  (If I uninstall this
bundle, I have the same problem).

2) It's possible edit esp file in my bundle over WebDav? If I connect to
http://localhost:8080/dav/default and I try edit some esp file from my
content, it seems that this file is empty. It seems, that  communication
between windows and  webdav is wrong or perrmission are wrong...

Do you have any idea? thank you very much

--
/**************************************/
Best regards / S pozdravem

http://www.vkrejcirik.info

Re: bundle deployment

Posted by vkrejcirik <vk...@gmail.com>.
2) It works with WebDrive, but it's only shareware. Can you recommand me
any free software please?

/**************************************/
Best regards / S pozdravem
Vladislav Krejčiřík

http://www.vkrejcirik.info

Re: bundle deployment

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladislav,

You may of course manually uninstall your initial content from the
repository at any time. E.g. by using WebDAV in the explorer and deleting.

There is also a marker for the installed initial content in the
repository at /var/sling/bundle-content/<bundle-symbolic-name> which
contains loading information. You may want to delete the respective node
of your bundle (if not done automatically upon uninstallation of the
bundle).

This status information is to support the update (and AFAIK the
uninstallation) support for initial content.

To have the initial content automatically uninstalled when you uninstall
your bundle you may declare it as follows:

    Sling-Initial-Content: SLING-INF/content/toremove;uninstall:=true

If on the other hand you would want your content to be (a) updated when
the bundle is updated and (b) removed when the bundle is uninstalled,
you might do (in maven-bundle-plugin configuration speak) :

       <Sling-Initial-Content>
           SLING-INF/content/toremove;overwrite:=true;uninstall:=true
       </Sling-Initial-Content>

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix

Re: bundle deployment

Posted by vkrejcirik <vk...@gmail.com>.

Re: bundle deployment

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: bundle deployment

Posted by vkrejcirik <vk...@gmail.com>.
1) ok, it's logical.

2) I tried it with http://admin@localhost:8080/dav/default and
http://admin:admin@localhost:8080/dav/default. I saw folders and files,
but if I want edit some esp file, it's empty...

Best regards / S pozdravem
Vladislav Krejčiřík

http://www.vkrejcirik.info

Re: bundle deployment