Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/04 23:07:50 UTC

Apache TomEE and Java EE 6 spec

Hi guys

I have some questions about which behaviour is implemented because of
specification and which because it is something it offers Apache TomEE.

Let me bulletize the three behaviours:

* if you requires a datasource that it is not created, one is created from
scratch with default values and required name.
* if I create a MDB and no Queue is configured, one Queue is autocreated
with the name of the MDB. Same happens when @Resource("xxx") Queue q; is
used and no queue has been configured previously.
* I can use @Path or @WebService in EJB and I don't need to create a class
that extends Applications (jaxrs) nor configuring web.xml in case of web
services.

I am not against this features, in fact I found them really useful for
quick prototyping, only to get things clear and not to write things that
are not true :).

Thank you so much,
Alex.

  Alex Soto Bueno
  www.lordofthejars.com

Re: Apache TomEE and Java EE 6 spec

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Well about scanning if your container doesnt support it adding 1
Application and xbean solves it smoothly. Issue is then resources
(html, js...) and jaxrs endpoint are served by same servlet so firsts
dont work anymore

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/