Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com> on 2004/04/20 15:30:54 UTC

Clover

After playing some, and being very impressed, with Clover I asked for a
license for OJB and they happily donated one for us.

Any objections to me adding this?

Clover basically tests unit test coverage.

-Brian

Re: Clover

Posted by Robert Sfeir <ro...@codepuccino.com>.
Hum, interesting issue, I wonder if they're aware of that, otoh, their
trial download doesn't expire.  I have a full license for codepuccino
stuff too, but we don't have any public projects yet, so I haven't hit
that issue.

Re: Clover

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Thomas Dudziak dijo:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Robert Sfeir dijo:
>> > I think that Thomas has a point.  There is nothing wrong with just the
>> > lead developers on OJB having the necessary files to run checks on
>> code
>> > coverage, after all, if someone submits a new test, and they can't
>> > check it in, one of the developers will have to do it, and hence they
>> > can run the code coverage test, and post the report on the wiki site
>> so
>> > others can see what is still needed.
>> >
>> > I concur that it doesn't need to be checked into CVS.
>>
>> Not sure. The code must be open, that include the test units.
>
> You misunderstood me. I was merely talking about the clover runtime
> (library, program, whatever) which we don't own but are allowed to
> use within OJB. The unit tests it checks (which are not tied in any
> way to clover AFAIK) as well as any necessary clover settings files
> are/should be public in the CVS.

OK. That means people without Clover can be able to run tests?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Clover

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Robert Sfeir dijo:

Re: Clover

Posted by Robert Sfeir <ro...@codepuccino.com>.

Re: Clover

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>.
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Brian McCallister wrote:

> Looks like Jakarta-Commons is using Clover as well.

But do they have it in their CVS tree ? Wouldn't it be sufficient that
one/all developers have it locally and run it in frequently, say, with a

Re: Clover

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.

Re: Clover

Posted by Robert Sfeir <ro...@codepuccino.com>.