Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Pablo Beltran <pb...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/10 11:47:11 UTC

Embedding Karaf in Eclipse Equinox?

Hi,

Is it possible to embed Karaf (mainly the web server module) in an Eclipse
Equinox instance?

ServletBridge -> Equinox -> Karaf?

...in order to deploy wabs (web application bundles)...

Thanks!
Pablo.

Re: Embedding Karaf in Eclipse Equinox?

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Pablo,

well, you can use the Pax Web bundles standalone in your eclipse Project if
you don't want to use Karaf.
Karaf is basically a pre-bundles (with lots and lots of enhancements) OSGi
Framework + infrastructure Bundles.

But basically you still can build your own stuff, in that case just install
all required Pax Web Bundles.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: Embedding Karaf in Eclipse Equinox?

Posted by Pablo Beltran <pb...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, unfortunately the are not too much chances for Karaf... I got
"married" to Equinox and it is the core of this Eclipse for the Atlassian's
plugin framework:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.kintosoft.jira.eclipse.eclipse-osgi-for-jira

It was a headache running Equinox on such environment as it is a
pseudo-servlet container. Now it's easy to run any Eclipse plugin on JIRA,
however I know nothing about Karaf and perhaps I would stumble with a lot
of problems.... I'll try Pax for now,. Sorry for the bad news :(

Thanks!
Pablo.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Pablo,