Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Dong Jiang <dj...@dataxu.com> on 2017/07/21 00:11:07 UTC

Kudu bootstrap on EMR?

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone in the Kudu community has tried to install Kudu on AWS EMR via bootstrap action? If so, do you have a bootstrap script to share?

Thanks,

Dong

Re: Kudu bootstrap on EMR?

Posted by Clifford Resnick <cr...@mediamath.com>.
We use our own tools for spot clusters, but here is a gist for the userdata we use for the tservers in case it’s helpful. The master userdata is nearly identical. I found the only libs necessary to amend in Amazon Linux was the newer libsasl that Kudu requires.  With EMR you’ll just need a way to communicate master address(es) to the tservers.

https://gist.github.com/cresny/d47fad80fd37ec41bde8871ac434d915